Biology/digestive system

Question
how is food digested and absorbed within the digestive tract. how can an inflamed large intestine interfere with the colon

Answer
Textbooks devote a whole chapter answering this question so I can only give you a brief outline.
 Food is digested by enzymes in the mouth stomach and upper small intestine. It is absorbed by structures called villi in the lower small intestine and passed into the blood stream.  The colon and large intestine are the same thing and water is absorbed in the colon. If is inflamed constipation can occur

Biology

Walter Hintz