Biology/Compounds

Question
Hi, my question is What are the four unique characteristics of compounds? My teacher is just really an in front of the class lecture speaker, he talks very fast, and gets off track easily. I don't even understand anything.. I just really need help and he doesn't believe in one on one helping students.

Answer
Hi Maddie  I can think of more then 4 butt I would include
Compounds are made up of 2 or more elements
The elements occur in definite proportions
Compounds have definite chemical properties
They have a definite chemical structure
They can be broken down by chemical change

I am dismayed that the teacher does not believe in helping his students. That's his job.There are too many teachers like him in the field. I have been a college teacher for about 30 years and if you ever need help you know who to ask

walter

Biology

Walter Hintz