Hello, a partner and I are working on a project in Biology, and We would like to ask an expert a few questions on the desert biome. How would you say desert biomes function and form? Also, can you tell us about the food web in the desert? If you can, thank you for your help.
       Rachel W.

Hi Rachel
I do not like to pass the buck but the answer to  this question would require a lot of writing. There are some question that do not lend themselves to the internet. Biomes are best studied by going to the library, and all deserts are not the same I can tell your briefly that a desert is described as an area that receives less then 10 inches of rain or precipitation a year. Therefore the middle of antarctica is a desert

Walter Hintz

Science teacher for over 50 years. MSc. in biology. I can answer questions in general biology, zoology, botany, anatomy and physiology and biochemistry.

I have a MSc in biology and have been a science teacher for over 50 years. At present I am a faculty member at a college and a science consultant at seven catholic schools.

The Ohio journal of Science
Momentum-The Journal of the Catholic Education Association