Biology/How can our body recognize its cells

I would like to ask you how our body can recognize its own cells. I know that there are some antigens on the surface of the cells and when immune cells "see" them, they know these cells are from this body. But how are these antigens formed. Why our body has these antigens and not any other antigens? And how can immune cells know that these antigens belong to our body and they aren't from outside?
Thank you for your time.

There is a class of proteins found on every cell surface that designate the cell as 'one of us'. These are the MHC class I. The immune cells touch all the cells as they travel testing for the presence of the MHC markers. The immune cell's job is to look at cells and distinguish between self and non-self.

However just as people have different color hair or eyes they have different MHC patterns. This is why organs cannot be moved to a new body unless the MHC pattern is very close.  there are carbohydrates on the surface of the cell membrane that serve as 'markers' to tell the cells "who is who". Ex: blood cells are distinguished into O, A, B, and AB by the carbohydrate markers. by the help DNA ( Deoxy ribo nucleic acid ) present in nucleolus, nucleus

I can answer questions relating to general biology, cell biology, human physiology, biochemistry,molecular biology,questions on cells, their organelles, membranes,botany, anatomy,physiology, human physiology;organelles, membranes and host-pathogen interaction also homework help

Over 12 years working in the health care; Cell Biology, Molecular Biology

Carolina Medical

PHD and Nursing

Carolina Medical