Biology/Query re heat-adaptation

I used to have extreme heat-intolerance that meant that any temperatures above 10 degrees Celsius made me sweat excessively. I got rid of my health-problems after a while, but still cannot stand the heat all that much. That is, temperatures above 30 degrees Celsius are a real nuisance for me. Now, I was wondering if there are any effective ways to lower one's body temperature or at least better adapt my body  to higher levels of heat? Does donating blood reduce one's body-temperature? I do know that reducing the fat-levels over my stomach will help somewhat, but I know from past experience that being skinny will not solve the problem entirely. I have read that some tribes, such as the Yaghans, have body temperatures 1 degree Celsius higher than other humans, and I suspect I have something like that. At any rate, it is a problem in daily life. For example, women in the office have a lower metabolic rate compared to men so they  often complain if I, out of necessity, open the window during the hot summer.Emigrating to a country where women are forbidden from working together with men is not really a workable solution for me!

HI gerald;
 As you have pointed out people are different in their responses to the environment and their are hereditary factor involved. On a personal note my wife and her family respond to high temperature with excessive sweating. I do not but my son does and my daughters do not. I point this out because we cannot change our DNA.
 At one time I experienced biofeedback and was able through concentration to lower my body temperature and heart rate but it was only temporary and only lasted a few minutes so your body will remain stable unless your temperature feedback mechanisms fail and you do not want that to happen. Feedback from giving blood is only temporary also. You cannot adapt your bodies physiology to changing conditions. You can only change your environment like seeking cooler areas or changing clothing.
 The Yaghans of Terra Del Fuego have become adapted to harsh conditions over long periods of time. Note that they did not adapt themselves to change and a 1 degree change in body temp is insignificant.
 If the response to temperature change has a serious affect on you daily activity you may have a medical problem and I cannot advise you about that.
  Otherwise  the bad news is that there is not much that you can do about the situation.
  The good news is that this not  life threatening and you body will maintain a normal body temperature

Walter Hintz

Science teacher for over 50 years. MSc. in biology. I can answer questions in general biology, zoology, botany, anatomy and physiology and biochemistry.

I have a MSc in biology and have been a science teacher for over 50 years. At present I am a faculty member at a college and a science consultant at seven catholic schools.

The Ohio journal of Science
Momentum-The Journal of the Catholic Education Association