Biology/Scientific Method

Question
Hi- I need assistance on how to write a hypothesis using the if...then method. For the question, they are asking whether limpets (a type of snail) would prefer their native diet of kelp, or the new macroalgae introduced to the area. My hypothesis is that they would prefer the native diet of kelp, because that is what they are used to eating and they have no problems with survival etc. But I don't know how to write it using the if...then method.
Thanks!

Answer
  Hi Shanna
The hypothesis is an educated guess as to the answer for the problem. In this case the problem is whether Limpets prefer Kelp over algae. You believe that they do so your hypothesis simply is
 Limpets prefer kelp as a food source over other algae. Your next step is your experimental design
I'm not sure what you mean by the if....when method

Biology

Walter Hintz