Biology/The Burgess Shale - further reading

Hello Walter,
I have enjoyed reading Steven Jay Gould's "Wonderful Life" about the Burgess Shale and the Cambrian explosion of strange life-forms.
The book dates from the late 80s and I would be interested to read about what might have been discovered or theorised since about these incredible creatures which seem to have no precedent forms from which they might have evolved.

Thank you

Hi Jim
I see no question here so I assume that you are wondering about resources regarding evolution from the Cambrian period. I have to admit that I am not well versed in Paleontology and my interest in fossils is fleeting. I am sorry that I cannot be of much help to you

Walter Hintz

Science teacher for over 50 years. MSc. in biology. I can answer questions in general biology, zoology, botany, anatomy and physiology and biochemistry.

I have a MSc in biology and have been a science teacher for over 50 years. At present I am a faculty member at a college and a science consultant at seven catholic schools.

The Ohio journal of Science
Momentum-The Journal of the Catholic Education Association