Hello sir.

i have been stuck in a topics for long time.

My question is.....

Hydrolysis means splitting by water but that doesn't mean in catabolism reaction.

So, why all hydrolysis reaction are catabolic reaction?.  Can you briefly explain me...

Thanks in advance

Hi Shuvo.
The digestive process is hydrolytic. Sucrose am Disaccharide is split into two monosacchrides by the addition od water ( a catabolic process)But hydrolysis does not only occur as   a catabolic process. For example consider the salt of a weak acid when added to water. The water is spilt into a negative hydroxyl (OH) and a Hydrogen ion and the aid molecule is split also

Walter Hintz

Science teacher for over 50 years. MSc. in biology. I can answer questions in general biology, zoology, botany, anatomy and physiology and biochemistry.

I have a MSc in biology and have been a science teacher for over 50 years. At present I am a faculty member at a college and a science consultant at seven catholic schools.

The Ohio journal of Science
Momentum-The Journal of the Catholic Education Association