Hello sir

In our book that statement is given

Different group of cells perform a variety of functions. But function of all cells are same like respiration storage transfer of genes , production of protiens, storage of water are given in our book. I am confusing please explain clearly.

Hi Aishwaraymeti
 The functions given here are the basic activities necessary to maintain the life of the cell. However not all of the functions are listed. Note that these are examples of some of the functions. All cells store energy for example. I have a question about the transfer of Genes however. If this implies cell reproduction, all cells do not reproduce. In the human body nerve cells and muscles do not reproduce

Walter Hintz

Science teacher for over 50 years. MSc. in biology. I can answer questions in general biology, zoology, botany, anatomy and physiology and biochemistry.

I have a MSc in biology and have been a science teacher for over 50 years. At present I am a faculty member at a college and a science consultant at seven catholic schools.

The Ohio journal of Science
Momentum-The Journal of the Catholic Education Association