Biology/Genetics

Question
I was wondering how much a person's DNA changes and mutates through their life with toxins and environmental factors, and if it ever self corrects enough that if people started living forever they wouldn't turn into a useless pile of fibers eventually?

Answer
Hi James
Yes there are some changes that occur over time especially during aging. But there are repair enzymes that correct errors in the DNA unless there is extensive damage to the telomeres at the ends of the chromosomes. I can only speculate what will happen as life span increases  

Biology

Walter Hintz