Good morning sir

Sir can you give a detail information about of discovery cell because iam having a doubt i.e when Robert hooke saw cells in cork , was mircroscope already invented or to see cork inside structure , he made microscope, then how he came to know that inside structure can only visible in microscope.

Please i request you please dont reply in 3 days because my ALL PREVIOUS ANSWERS YOU HAVE REPLIED IN MORE THAN 3 DAYS.pLEASE

Sorry Aishwarya but occasionally questions are not sent to my email.

When Hooke published his work on microscopy the microscope had already been invented. Hooke made improvements on it and observed a lot of things. When he looked at tree bark he thought the structures he saw looked like the cells that the monks slept in.  He had no idea that living organisms were made up of cells.  

Walter Hintz

Science teacher for over 50 years. MSc. in biology. I can answer questions in general biology, zoology, botany, anatomy and physiology and biochemistry.

I have a MSc in biology and have been a science teacher for over 50 years. At present I am a faculty member at a college and a science consultant at seven catholic schools.

The Ohio journal of Science
Momentum-The Journal of the Catholic Education Association