Biology/Finding out the English equivalents of some words in my mother tongue

Question
Dear Walter Hints

some of the words used in my mother tongue donít have equivalents in the English language. They are pertinent to biology, botany and some other fields.

When someone notices that they donít have their own entries in the monolingual English languages, it means that no English-speaking person all over the world has ever studied such plants and animals as long as they have existed on the earth.

How can you help me in this regard?

Sincerely yours
Mehrdad Shamsara

Answer
Hi Mehrdad
Centuries ago biologists adopted Latin as the universal language when referring to plants and animals. In 1735 a Swedish Botanist named Carl Linnaeius  suggested a naming system using Latin. Therefore you and I are named Homo sapiens and your dog (if you have one) is Canis familiaris.  All humans and all dogs are referred to these Latin names no matter what country you live in no matter what your religion is nor what color you are We are all connected by our DNA

Biology

Walter Hintz