Biology/Tree climbing skills.

Question
Dear Prof Walter

Can all human beings species learn the skills of tree climbing?.

What are the skills required for Trees climbing from the Human beings species anatomy point of view?.

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
From the standpoint of our anatomy we are quite capable of climbing, not just trees but hills, mountains etc. We descended from climbing primates. When I was a kid I was up in every tree I could find. When I fell out of one at about the age of 10 or 11 my parents forbid it. Of course that did not stop me. I think that some people do not climb trees is the fear of falling but they are physically capable of doing it

walter

Biology

Walter Hintz