Hello sir

Sir in cell  concepts in our book  it is given" All cells perform certain basic functions like respiration nutrition ect  ,

I want to know that respiration our lungs cells will perform sir how all cells can perform sir and if all cells perform why our lungs are called asbreathing organs cells must be called as respiratory organs why lungs

And sir nutrition is performed by cells in small intestine how all cells can perform sir then in nutrition process  whole cells in our body must be called as nutritive orgas

I think now I have mentioned my confusion clearly basics arw not clearwd sir just I am clearing basic

I am not sure what you mean by cells "performing nutrition"/ You are getting tied up in semantics here as you did in your second paragraph. Cells are not called nutritive organs Let me start with some basics and maybe things will more clear
Here is the organization"
  Cells make up tissues
  Tissues make up organs
  Organs make up systems
There are lots of different types of cells and cells have different functions but all of them respire by taking in oxygen and expelling carbon dioxide. They also take in nutrients and expel wastes.
  You mentioned the digestive system.  All foods animals eat is broken down into the basic units of amino acids , fatty acids and simple sugars.  The nucleus of the  cell then  directs the synthesis of proteins,fats and carbohydrates. if you consume the tissues of a plant or animal you break it down and then reassemble it into your own tissues. This is metabolism and it all occurs in the cell whether the cell is a single cell bacterium or a cell in lung tissue. Some cells are storage cells, like fat cells or the cells of fruits and vegatables.
 You are only thinking about things at the cellular level.
  Concentrate upon the whole picture.
  I would like you to try something. Ask yourself this question. "What is a cell and what does it do"  Now write out the answer without looking up anything in a book. When finished read over your answer and refer to your texts. Did you answer the question or leave things out.
 Throw away what you did and do the same all over and keep doing it until you get it right
 I know that this is time consuming but If you do this you will understand the cell and you will remember it.

Walter Hintz

Science teacher for over 50 years. MSc. in biology. I can answer questions in general biology, zoology, botany, anatomy and physiology and biochemistry.

I have a MSc in biology and have been a science teacher for over 50 years. At present I am a faculty member at a college and a science consultant at seven catholic schools.

The Ohio journal of Science
Momentum-The Journal of the Catholic Education Association