Bipolar Disorder/meds/forgetfulness

jon wrote at 2013-08-07 13:29:53
hello sir, i have Klonopin memory physician had the opinion that Klonipin would not even cause that. he decided 6 months ago to experiment by switching me on to Xanax. so no Klonopin for 6 months and my memory is 80% better. i was thinking that there are benzos which are used before surgery to produce amnesia and Klonopin is also a benzo so it seems logical that it could have a small effect on memory.

Bipolar Disorder

Ivan Goldberg, M.D.

I am a psychiatrist/psychopharmacologist with many years of expereince in treating individuals with depressions, manic-depression (Bipolar Disorder), other mood disorders,. I am especially interested in the psychopharmacologic treatment of individuals with so called "treatment-resistant" syndromes.

I have been on the staff of the National Institute of Mental Health, Columbia's College of Physicians and Surgeons, and the Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center. I am currently in full-time private practice in New York City.

A.B. Johns Hopkins University
M.D. N.Y.U. College of Medicine

I am the creator of Depression Central: