Bipolar Disorder/need advice

I have bipolar disorder and also dependent personality disorder. I am age 39.  I think about death a lot and get scared that the people I love are going to die.  I also have a lot of chest and stomach pain from the anxiety I put myself through. I have two questions.. one, my dr wants me to set the alarm and get out of bed earlier and clean ..when I first wake up in the morning my stomach hurts really bad and if I can get up it goes away.  Problem is I can't get myself out of bed.  They suggested to put the alarm on the other side of the room but I don't think that would work because I'd just get up, turn it off and go back to bed.  Do you have any suggestions to break this cycle?
Also I'm seeing a therapist for the dependent personality disorder and I wondered if you have any extra tips to help overcome this  Thanks

Hi jenna,

I take a different approach to the treatment of mood disorder. I see a mood disorder as a result of an inner metabolic imbalance that needs to be treated before looking at "psychological" issue. I suggest you familiarize yourself with the influencce of hypoglycemia ( on behaviour as a major contributor to mood disorder and then discuss this with a nutritional counsellor or doctor.

This can be treated by adopting the hypoglycemic diet (

If you have any further questions, please come back.

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist.
Hon. Editor of
The Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia.
Author of "Getting off the Hook"
Freely available at Google Book Search
Skype: jurplesman

Bipolar Disorder

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist

Have worked as a psychotherapist for overv twenty years, dealing with many personality disorders

I have a degree in Psychology from the Sydney University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition. I am also the author of “GETTING OFF THE HOOK” which deals with the nutritional and psychological treatment of personality disorders. It is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. I am interested in the relationship between nutrition and behaviour, and as a Probation ans Parole Officer facilitated groups for offenders, many of whom were alcoholics and drug addicts, sex offenders or compulsive gamblers, as well as the whole gamut of “personality disorders”. I am also the ex-editor of the Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia Newsletter, a quarterly publication dealing with hypoglycemia and related health problems. Its web site, together with a shortened course of PSYCHOTHERAPY can be visited at:

Editor of the Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia. Its web site is at:

Author of the book "Getting off the Hook", It is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. My articles can be found at:

BA (Psych) (University of Sydney), Post Gad Dip Clin Nutr (International Academy of Nutrition)