Bipolar Disorder/Bi Polar?

So i'm 14 and ive never been happy in my skin. I can point out loads of things I hate about myself, before theres one good. I was a former self harmer, and stopped as a news years resolution and haven't thought about it since.
Right, I don't know if I have Bi=Polar or not? I have researched it a lot, and looked into it, but still not sure. My parents don't know I self harmerd, all they know is I have some trouble accepting myself for who I am. I have moved on from Self harm, and its a thing of the past.
There are days when I can be fine, happy, you know mid mood, normal, but when im alone indoors I start to hate myself because its the time where im alone and have my thoughts to myself without distractions and end up making myself feel like total shit ( excuse the language) and down. When I feel down, I point out to myself that i'll never be good enough, pretty enough, skinny enough, just not enough. It really brings me down. But then if I fight back those feelings and tell myself that I may not be skinny or pretty but hey im me, I cant change anything so why bother, I quickly go into a happy ish sort of mood. I accept myself, do my hair, makeup, and smile in front of the mirror, name all the things I love about myself. This varies. Theres never been a day when im just depressed. I always end up picking my mood up and letting go of all the negative thoughts and everything.
I am a bit of a worrier as well, so now I have researched about Bi Polar I am making myself over react telling myself I have it, when I know theres a possibility I don't, so that's why im seeking your advice here first before I settle on anything. I don't feel out of control, but my worrying does make me feel kind of mental. These thoughts like I said only creep in when im alone and I allow them to. Where as if im out with my friends or out and about/busy they don't seem so important and I just push them right out of the way and forget about them completely. Like I said, I feel fine when im with people. Am I just making myself feel down, and letting the negative thoughts in or am I mental? Like I said I don't feel mental, and in my opinion I just think its my low self esteem and confidence that are causing this, because im quite certain that if I learned to accept myself and love myself i'd be pretty fine.
But im worrying because im okay now, next time I let the negative thoughts in, i'll be down again and won't let myself be happy. Can I do something to keep myself occupied and to keep these thoughts at bay and not let them win? Medetation? Writing down all my good points?
Is this just a lack of self esteem and a worrying too much, or would you say im bi polar? IS this just where i am growing up, you know mood swings? Or is it more?
Can you give me some advice please.

Hi chloe.
I noticed in your post that you don't know whether you are Bipolar of not. In other words you have not been officially diagnosed a such.

It is often misdiagnosed for mood swings.

The symptoms you are mentioning all fit in with that of Hypoglycemia (,),
which can be treated by going on a Hypoglycemic Diet (

In hypoglycemia we tend to over-produce stress hormones, which are then mistaken for "mental symptoms", including a low self-esteem.

Thus by going on a hypoglycemic diet, you will find that after a while you will start to feel much better about yourself.

Also read:

Beating Anxiety and Phobias    
Depression is a Nutritional Disorder
Treatment of a Low Self Esteem

Please discuss with your parents, doctor or counselor.

I hope i have been of some help.

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist.
Hon. Editor of
The Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia.
Author of "Getting off the Hook"
Freely available at Google Book Search
Skype: jurplesman

Bipolar Disorder

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist

Have worked as a psychotherapist for overv twenty years, dealing with many personality disorders

I have a degree in Psychology from the Sydney University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition. I am also the author of “GETTING OFF THE HOOK” which deals with the nutritional and psychological treatment of personality disorders. It is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. I am interested in the relationship between nutrition and behaviour, and as a Probation ans Parole Officer facilitated groups for offenders, many of whom were alcoholics and drug addicts, sex offenders or compulsive gamblers, as well as the whole gamut of “personality disorders”. I am also the ex-editor of the Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia Newsletter, a quarterly publication dealing with hypoglycemia and related health problems. Its web site, together with a shortened course of PSYCHOTHERAPY can be visited at:

Editor of the Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia. Its web site is at:

Author of the book "Getting off the Hook", It is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. My articles can be found at:

BA (Psych) (University of Sydney), Post Gad Dip Clin Nutr (International Academy of Nutrition)