Bipolar Disorder/Bipolaridade

"My son has 12 years old, three years ago that he takes medication for bipolar disorder ... He is very aggressive, violent and shows no feeling for anyone! I've thought about put him in a boarding school, but I'm afraid of the consequences. How can I help my child?"

Hi Rafael,

This must be very difficult for you. If he is indeed bipolar, than putting him of a hypoglycemic diet will calm him down. Most Bipolar patients are hypoglycemic. Please read:

What is Hypoglycemia?

Hypoglycemic Diet

Also Bipolar people do benefit from supplementation with Lecithin, that calms them dow. But this should not be used in the depressive phase. Please read:

Treatment of Bipolar Disorder

He should remain under the supervision of a psychiatrist and perhaps combine drug therapy with nutritional therapy, maybe with the assistance of a Nutritional doctor.

Please also look up Index of Specific Topics at;

and look up Bipolar Disorder for more information.
Please discuss this with your doctor.
Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist.
Emeritus Editor of
The Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia.
Author of "Getting off the Hook"
Freely available at Google Book Search
Skype: jurplesman
Also at Facebook:

Bipolar Disorder

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist

Have worked as a psychotherapist for overv twenty years, dealing with many personality disorders

I have a degree in Psychology from the Sydney University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition. I am also the author of “GETTING OFF THE HOOK” which deals with the nutritional and psychological treatment of personality disorders. It is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. I am interested in the relationship between nutrition and behaviour, and as a Probation ans Parole Officer facilitated groups for offenders, many of whom were alcoholics and drug addicts, sex offenders or compulsive gamblers, as well as the whole gamut of “personality disorders”. I am also the ex-editor of the Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia Newsletter, a quarterly publication dealing with hypoglycemia and related health problems. Its web site, together with a shortened course of PSYCHOTHERAPY can be visited at:

Editor of the Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia. Its web site is at:

Author of the book "Getting off the Hook", It is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. My articles can be found at:

BA (Psych) (University of Sydney), Post Gad Dip Clin Nutr (International Academy of Nutrition)