Bipolar Disorder/gabitril

Question
i was taking ambien and remeron for sleep.worked well,but i gained 20 lbs from remeron.doc wants to switch me from remeron to gabitril.read that is used for seizurers.i never had a seizure,but my doctor said chances of non-epilectic getting seizurers is less then 1 %what is your opion

Answer
Roger . . .

While seizures are rare with Gabitril they definitely do happen. I have prescribed it for a few people (many less than 100) and two of my patients had a seizure. I have no idea what the true incidence of seizures might be.

Best regards . . .

Ivan

Bipolar Disorder

Ivan Goldberg, M.D.