Bipolar Disorder/gabitril

i was taking ambien and remeron for sleep.worked well,but i gained 20 lbs from remeron.doc wants to switch me from remeron to that is used for seizurers.i never had a seizure,but my doctor said chances of non-epilectic getting seizurers is less then 1 %what is your opion

Roger . . .

While seizures are rare with Gabitril they definitely do happen. I have prescribed it for a few people (many less than 100) and two of my patients had a seizure. I have no idea what the true incidence of seizures might be.

Best regards . . .

Bipolar Disorder

Ivan Goldberg, M.D.

I am a psychiatrist/psychopharmacologist with many years of expereince in treating individuals with depressions, manic-depression (Bipolar Disorder), other mood disorders,. I am especially interested in the psychopharmacologic treatment of individuals with so called "treatment-resistant" syndromes.

I have been on the staff of the National Institute of Mental Health, Columbia's College of Physicians and Surgeons, and the Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center. I am currently in full-time private practice in New York City.

A.B. Johns Hopkins University
M.D. N.Y.U. College of Medicine

I am the creator of Depression Central: