Bipolar Disorder/I don't know what is wrong with me.

hello,mr Plesman.
I'm a 21 yrs old fem.there is sometimes that i feel so empty,depressed, ashamed and suicidal and other times that i am optimist and feel confident but there is one thing that never changes i am not happy at all and i don't know what can makes me happy and what should i do with my life.I am so fragile and sensitive.when i was 15 I was anti-social,i am a shy girl now and pretty unsociable but i am an attention seeker and i like to attract all men around me,i don't know why,maybe because i wanna fix my low self-reliance in this way,but i don't want to be in love with none of them because love hurts me and makes me sad and anxious.I always have these thoughts that they will hurt me or they will leave me for another one so i never can trust them and i need their constant attention and need them to prove their love to me every day.I'm so jealous and always looking for signs  that show me they will leave me,if i see something wrong i'll hate them and pull myself back and then again after some hours or some days i'll love them again.I will ignore my loved ones alot and and then pull them again.i don't wanna be alone but i'm scared to get close too.what is my problem?

Hi Elena,

Your depression and anxiety is not caused in the mind, but in the body. You wanting to be attractive to men is simply due to your low self-esteem. This in turn is due to overproduction of stress hormones, which is not due to external stressors but to an internal metabolic disorder. This can often be treated by a change in diet.  You would not have conscious control over stress hormones, as they are created due to an physical illness.

Please read:  

What is Hypoglycemia?

This can be treated by going on a hypoglycemic diet (

Also read:  
Beating Anxiety and Phobias  

Depression is a Nutritional Disorder

Please discuss this with your doctor or a nutritional doctor.

If you any more problems please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Jurriaan Plesman BA (Psych) Post Grad Dip Clin Nutrition
Editor of the Hypoglycemic Association of Australia
List of my articles:
Also at Facebook:

Bipolar Disorder

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist

Have worked as a psychotherapist for overv twenty years, dealing with many personality disorders

I have a degree in Psychology from the Sydney University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition. I am also the author of “GETTING OFF THE HOOK” which deals with the nutritional and psychological treatment of personality disorders. It is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. I am interested in the relationship between nutrition and behaviour, and as a Probation ans Parole Officer facilitated groups for offenders, many of whom were alcoholics and drug addicts, sex offenders or compulsive gamblers, as well as the whole gamut of “personality disorders”. I am also the ex-editor of the Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia Newsletter, a quarterly publication dealing with hypoglycemia and related health problems. Its web site, together with a shortened course of PSYCHOTHERAPY can be visited at:

Editor of the Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia. Its web site is at:

Author of the book "Getting off the Hook", It is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. My articles can be found at:

BA (Psych) (University of Sydney), Post Gad Dip Clin Nutr (International Academy of Nutrition)