Bipolar Disorder/bipolar

I have been dxd with bd for several years now. I tend to stay in the depressed side of it, with small hypomania episodes. My question is that is there a diff between Seasonal affective disorder and seasonal affective disorder with bipolar?
Thank you

Hi Krista,

I am less concerned about diagnosis, than the fact that you have a mood disorder.  Most people with mood disorders are hypoglycemic (

This can be treated by going on a hypoglycemic diet (

Of course, bipolar disorder is usually more difficult to treat than depression, or anxiety. But most people with bipolar disorder do suffer from hypoglycemia too.  This can be tested by a Glucoe ToleranceTest (GTT) by your doctor and explained at:

Testing for Hypoglycemia,

Another way of treating Bipolar disorder is by using lecithin in the manic stage (not be used in the depressive stage) at explained at:

Bipolar Disorder - Treatment with Lecithin

Also read:

Depression is a Nutritional Disorder

It is usually bet to have yourself tested for nutritional deficiencies by a nutritional doctor to get at the borrow of your problems.  Discuss with your doctor.

Jurriaan Plesman BA (Psych) Post Grad Dip Clin Nutrition
Editor of the Hypoglycemic Association of Australia
List of my articles:
Also at Facebook:

Bipolar Disorder

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist

Have worked as a psychotherapist for overv twenty years, dealing with many personality disorders

I have a degree in Psychology from the Sydney University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition. I am also the author of “GETTING OFF THE HOOK” which deals with the nutritional and psychological treatment of personality disorders. It is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. I am interested in the relationship between nutrition and behaviour, and as a Probation ans Parole Officer facilitated groups for offenders, many of whom were alcoholics and drug addicts, sex offenders or compulsive gamblers, as well as the whole gamut of “personality disorders”. I am also the ex-editor of the Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia Newsletter, a quarterly publication dealing with hypoglycemia and related health problems. Its web site, together with a shortened course of PSYCHOTHERAPY can be visited at:

Editor of the Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia. Its web site is at:

Author of the book "Getting off the Hook", It is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. My articles can be found at:

BA (Psych) (University of Sydney), Post Gad Dip Clin Nutr (International Academy of Nutrition)