Bipolar Disorder/Won't diagnose bipolar

Basically I've been having trouble with moods/anxiety for years long story short I've been with a psych for about 2 months and she's precribed me quetiapine 200mg but she doesn't like to diagnose because of my age (17) and she doesn't want to put a label on it. She's trying to tell me it's a severe anxiety disorder and nothing else.but she isn't listening to me trying to tell her it feels like two different things the anxiety and the depression/mania but at the same time is that makes any sense? And why would she prescribe a medication for bipolar/other illnesses if I only have anxiety? Should I try and stick it out with her or try and go private? Thanks

Hi Dom,

Whether is bipolar disorder or anxiety and depression, both can be caused by prediabetic hypoglycemia ( as at least one of the factors.

This can be treated by going on a hypoglycemic diet (

This is covered in the following artiucles, that should discuss with your doctor.

Beating Anxiety and Phobias

Depression is a Nutritional Disorder

Bipolar Disorder - Treatment with Lecithin

I hope I have been of some help.

Jurriaan Plesman BA (Psych) Post Grad Dip Clin Nutrition
Editor of the Hypoglycemic Association of Australia
My Articles:
Also at Facebook:

Bipolar Disorder

Jurriaan Plesman, Nutritional Psychotherapist

Have worked as a psychotherapist for overv twenty years, dealing with many personality disorders

I have a degree in Psychology from the Sydney University and a Postgraduate Diploma in Clinical Nutrition. I am also the author of “GETTING OFF THE HOOK” which deals with the nutritional and psychological treatment of personality disorders. It is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. I am interested in the relationship between nutrition and behaviour, and as a Probation ans Parole Officer facilitated groups for offenders, many of whom were alcoholics and drug addicts, sex offenders or compulsive gamblers, as well as the whole gamut of “personality disorders”. I am also the ex-editor of the Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia Newsletter, a quarterly publication dealing with hypoglycemia and related health problems. Its web site, together with a shortened course of PSYCHOTHERAPY can be visited at:

Editor of the Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia. Its web site is at:

Author of the book "Getting off the Hook", It is freely available on the internet at Google Book Search. My articles can be found at:

BA (Psych) (University of Sydney), Post Gad Dip Clin Nutr (International Academy of Nutrition)