Birding/blue birds

the blue birds are driving us crazy. they are attacking their reflection and sitting on the screens attacking stickers and are messing on the deck . we put a tin plate on the door handle and this made them attack the flag sticker even more and now there are 4 birds going from side to side sitting on the screen rails and messing all down the screens.

This is very normal. They see their reflection as competition. It will usually stop when they lay eggs and are feeding babies. You can soap the windows, put up screens or the simplest method is to hang strips of Mylar (a plastic film) in front of the glass. If you have Bluebird boxes and want to become experts send your mailing address to me at for my free book. Good luck! Bluebird Bob.

Bluebird Bob Walshaw

I can answer almost any question on Eastern Bluebirds and small cavity nesters such as Chickadees, Titmice, Wrens, etc. Also general questions on other songbirds. No pet bird questions please. Send mailing address to me at for a free 20 page Bluebird book.

I have had a 100+ nestbox trail for more than 20 years, I do a lot of writing, public speaking and educational work in this field. My hands-on Bluebird talks include more than 1000 people each year.

Oklahoma Bluebird Society, North American Bluebird Society, National Audubon Society, Oklahoma Audubon Society, Oklahoma Fur Bearers Alliance

Bluebird Magazine, Oklahoma Today, Fur-Fish-Game, Birds & Blooms, Nature Society News,Back Woodsman Magazine, Tulsa World, Broken Arrow ledger, Teaching Tolerance magazine,Trappers World, OK Hole Story, Birders World

Degree in Mechanical Engineering, an MBA, Graduate of the Home Study Course in Bird Biology from the Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology, Oklahoma Master Naturalist. I am also a pofessional speaker and writer.

Chosen as a public speaker for the North American Bluebird Society, Bluebird trail accepted as part of the Transcontinental Bluebird Trail, Chosen as a panel speaker at the 2006 NABS Convention.