Birding/Newly hatched cardinals

Question
I'm concerned a mother cardinal has abandoned her 2 babies in a nest outside our dining room window near Dallas, TX. The babies eyes are closed, beaks open. What can I do to keep them alive if she has abandoned the nest. There has been a lot of noise in the area, people & dogs.

Answer
Be absolutely sure the mother has abandoned the nest before you do anything. Best thing to do then is  to contact your local wildlife/bird rehab center. See http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild/wild/rehab/list/counties/index.phtml?county for information on that. Unless you have experience, do not try to raise them yourself as it is VERY DIFFICULT.
Noise in the area should not bother the birds, so if she abandoned the nest, something else is disturbing her.

Birding

Roger Lederer