Birding/Newly hatched cardinals

I'm concerned a mother cardinal has abandoned her 2 babies in a nest outside our dining room window near Dallas, TX. The babies eyes are closed, beaks open. What can I do to keep them alive if she has abandoned the nest. There has been a lot of noise in the area, people & dogs.

Be absolutely sure the mother has abandoned the nest before you do anything. Best thing to do then is  to contact your local wildlife/bird rehab center. See for information on that. Unless you have experience, do not try to raise them yourself as it is VERY DIFFICULT.
Noise in the area should not bother the birds, so if she abandoned the nest, something else is disturbing her.

Roger Lederer

Any and all about WILD birds - the science of ornithology. Information about birdwatching, ecology, conservation, migration, behavior, banding, rehabilitation, feeding, songs, binoculars, identification, and careers in ornithology. No questions about pet or caged birds, please.

Have a PhD and over forty years as a professional ornithologist - research, teaching, author, speaker, webmaster of . Have written thirty scientific papers, three bird field guides, a textbook in ecology four other bird books, the latest being "Beaks, Bones, and Bird Songs". Have traveled to 100 countries watching birds and have spoken to hundreds of groups about birds.

PhD in Zoology/Ornithology; Emeritus Professor of Biological Sciences; former Dean of the College of Natural Sciences at California State University, Chico