Birding/Biue Birds vs Wrens

We have four BB houses occupied with BB in various stages of nesting. There is a fifth box in close range to one of the boxes with Wrens trying to move in.
We have been removing the nest. Question: Are we better of leaving the Wrens alone and let them nest, so they won't bother the BB and also will the Wrens claim that box next year?
Thanks you for your response, Norm Stalbaum

Hi Norm. My defenses against House Wrens are two: I monitor often and keep removing sticks and usually they go somewhere elsa, and I make sure that my boxes are well out in the open away from brush and low shrubs. Please send your mailing address to me at and I will send you my free Bluebird book. Good luck. Bluebird Bob Walshaw.

Bluebird Bob Walshaw

I can answer almost any question on Eastern Bluebirds and small cavity nesters such as Chickadees, Titmice, Wrens, etc. Also general questions on other songbirds. No pet bird questions please. Send mailing address to me at for a free 20 page Bluebird book.

I have had a 100+ nestbox trail for more than 20 years, I do a lot of writing, public speaking and educational work in this field. My hands-on Bluebird talks include more than 1000 people each year.

Oklahoma Bluebird Society, North American Bluebird Society, National Audubon Society, Oklahoma Audubon Society, Oklahoma Fur Bearers Alliance

Bluebird Magazine, Oklahoma Today, Fur-Fish-Game, Birds & Blooms, Nature Society News,Back Woodsman Magazine, Tulsa World, Broken Arrow ledger, Teaching Tolerance magazine,Trappers World, OK Hole Story, Birders World

Degree in Mechanical Engineering, an MBA, Graduate of the Home Study Course in Bird Biology from the Cornell Laboratory of Ornithology, Oklahoma Master Naturalist. I am also a pofessional speaker and writer.

Chosen as a public speaker for the North American Bluebird Society, Bluebird trail accepted as part of the Transcontinental Bluebird Trail, Chosen as a panel speaker at the 2006 NABS Convention.