Birding/Bluebird/small cavity nesters book

Hi Roger. Welcome back. I hope that you had a great vacation. I am one of the three volunteers in this section, focusing on Bluebirds and other small cavity nesters and birds in general. I have had nine hundred plus questions since I started as a volunteeer, but you have more than doubled that. Congratulations!

I have written a Bluebird book titled The How and Why of Bluebirding and I send it free to anyone who requests it by sending their mailing address to me at . It is a bible for "newbies" and also has a lot of good information for more experienced birders such as the hanging box.

Please feel free to pass that free offer on to any of your questioners who are involved with Bluebirds, Tree Swallows, Wrens, Chickadees, Tufted Titmice and other small cavity nesters or who are having problems with the killer house sparrows. Thanks, Bob Walshaw.

My son lives in Tulsa and I was just there in May. He took me to the Bass Pro shop there - I guess it was in Broken Arrow. Interesting.

Thanks for the info. I sure will tell people about you and your book and your Ask the Experts role. Roger
P.s. I'm retired so I don't get vacations anymore.

Roger Lederer

Any and all about WILD birds - the science of ornithology. Information about birdwatching, ecology, conservation, migration, behavior, banding, rehabilitation, feeding, songs, binoculars, identification, and careers in ornithology. No questions about pet or caged birds, please.

Have a PhD and over forty years as a professional ornithologist - research, teaching, author, speaker, webmaster of . Have written thirty scientific papers, three bird field guides, a textbook in ecology four other bird books, the latest being "Beaks, Bones, and Bird Songs". Have traveled to 100 countries watching birds and have spoken to hundreds of groups about birds.

PhD in Zoology/Ornithology; Emeritus Professor of Biological Sciences; former Dean of the College of Natural Sciences at California State University, Chico