Birding/Eastern bluebird

Question
Hi! I have a pair of blues that have laid two eggs as of this morning, one appears to have a small hole in it. The nest is still intact and looks to be fine. Do I remove the egg or leave it be? Thank you, Cindy

Answer
That sounds like an attack by a house sparrow or a House Wren, but it is unusual that only one egg is affected. And sometimes an egg can have an unusually thin shell and the female may have punctured it with her claws. I would do nothing and wait to see what happens. Also If you will send your mailing address to me at walshaw1@cox.net I will send you my free Bluebird book that will make you an expert. Use that email address also to let me know what happens woth the nest. Thanks, Bluebird Bob Walshaw.

Birding

Bluebird Bob Walshaw