Birding/baby birdsj2d

Question
PLEASE HELP!!!
There is a bird nest in one of my shrubs in the front yard(they are chickadees)and earlier today when I let my dogs out they got scared and hoped out of the nest barely able to fly, I think that they are in the fledgling stage but just minutes after the parents were frantically looking around for them. They started out having 5 and now there is JUST 1! it is near the nest and the parents know that, but I don't know where the others are and I even looked around my whole yard!

Is there anything that I can do to help?

Answer
If the young are fledglings, then the parents will take care of them on the ground until they are able to fly. They cannot fly after leaving the nest - this is normal. They spend a week to 10 days on the ground after leaving the nest and tend to be very secretive. They hide but the parents know where they are. I don't know what happened to all of them - they could all be well and just hiding. What you can do is keep your dogs away for another week or so until the young can fly.

Birding

Roger Lederer