Birding/Do bluebirds take a break

Question
Two bluebirds chose a box in my  yard and I have been watching them build their nest for 3 days but today I saw them this morning but now I haven't seen them for the rest of the day. Do they take a break from building  the nest sometimes? I did see some cowbirds in the back yard at my bird feeders. Would they abandon their nest if cowbirds are in the area? I love the bluebirds so much I hate to lose them!

Answer
They may be doing something else. It takes a few days to build the nest and maybe they are done. Sometimes they don't like the first nest and go elsewhere to build another one. They won't abandon their nest because of cowbirds. And sometimes, unfortunately, bluebirds get eaten by some predator - nature is difficult at times. Hopefully they have returned now

Birding

Roger Lederer