Birding/mid-california wild doves

Question
i have a pair of doves nesting in my patio very tame cleaning the patio i noticed a lot of leathers on the ground  one of the birds was dead  i am pretty sure it was killed by a hawk that lives in the area  with only one left i am at a loss of how to feed them  i put seeds on a flat dish and hope the dove will take over  should i try bugs of any kind   thanks for any help you can give me

Answer
I am not sure I understand your question. A pair of doves nested and had young on your patio and one was killed? Are you asking how to feed the young birds? Or the adult? It is VERY VERY difficult to try to raise young doves without experience. Best thing to do is to let the remaining dove do what it need to do. Adult doves produce a special food in their esophagus to feed the young, so only they can do that. Let nature take its course. Thank you for your concern

Birding

Roger Lederer