Kite Image while in cage for little time
Kite Image while in ca  
Hello Sir
We have an injured kite in our lawn these days. yesterday we applied turmeric powder mixed in mustard oil on the wing of it.I have a feeling that this kite won't be able to fly again.If i keep it as pet what are the challenges that i may face ? Also how to approach it when it is freely sitting in lawn. Right now it can not even fly one feet high?

I don't know what the bird's injuries are so I can't tell you much about it. I highly recommend you bring it to a veterinarian or wildlife expert. I do not recommend keeping it as a pet because then you definitely keep it from it's natural life and from breeding and leaving offspring.  

Roger Lederer

Any and all about WILD birds - the science of ornithology. Information about birdwatching, ecology, conservation, migration, behavior, banding, rehabilitation, feeding, songs, binoculars, identification, and careers in ornithology. No questions about pet or caged birds, please.

Have a PhD and over forty years as a professional ornithologist - research, teaching, author, speaker, webmaster of . Have written thirty scientific papers, three bird field guides, a textbook in ecology four other bird books, the latest being "Beaks, Bones, and Bird Songs". Have traveled to 100 countries watching birds and have spoken to hundreds of groups about birds.

PhD in Zoology/Ornithology; Emeritus Professor of Biological Sciences; former Dean of the College of Natural Sciences at California State University, Chico