Birding/bird of prey to identify

I live in Kelowna BC Canada. When travelling North to Vernon a large bird of prey size bird soared above me. Light under wing with prominent red circles on both wings.  I have looked through tons of images and not finding anything like it. its important but just can't figure it out . Help???

The only bird that approaches your description is a Rough-legged Hawk which has dark patches (brown to black) on a light background in the immature and adult light phases. No hawk has prominent red circles that I am aware of.
One thing to note is that colors can be deceiving, especially brown and black coloration, when light hits it in a certain way. Brown can look orange if the light reflects in a particular direction.
Any other information like the shape and pattern of the tail would be helpful

Roger Lederer

Any and all about WILD birds - the science of ornithology. Information about birdwatching, ecology, conservation, migration, behavior, banding, rehabilitation, feeding, songs, binoculars, identification, and careers in ornithology. No questions about pet or caged birds, please.

Have a PhD and over forty years as a professional ornithologist - research, teaching, author, speaker, webmaster of . Have written thirty scientific papers, three bird field guides, a textbook in ecology four other bird books, the latest being "Beaks, Bones, and Bird Songs". Have traveled to 100 countries watching birds and have spoken to hundreds of groups about birds.

PhD in Zoology/Ornithology; Emeritus Professor of Biological Sciences; former Dean of the College of Natural Sciences at California State University, Chico