Birding/Night birds??

Question
Hello my name is dena, and i live in apache jct. Az. For the past three years i have noticed that this same time every year i hear these loud birds around the same time everynight. About 1 am they start chirping and chirp all night until the sun starts coming up. I was taught that birds sleep at night. I recorded it i hope u get the audio. Thanks

Answer
Hi Dena, I didn't get the audio but I can make a couple of guesses. If it is a bird it is probably a Northern Mockingbird as they typically sing in the spring at night, especially if the moon is bright. They will stop when breeding season is over. Most birds sleep at night but some do not.
On the other hand, there are insects and frogs that sing at night and are sometimes confused with birds. Try to send me the audio at my personal e-mail at rlederer@csuchico.edu and I can confirm my conclusion for you.

Birding

Roger Lederer