Birding/injured Dove

Question
I found a dove in my driveway this morning and it had it's head upside down. But it was still alive. I picked it up and it woke up. It had a red swollen eye and when it tried to drink water, blood drips out of his mouth into the water.Now, it's sorta in a sleeping state and Its's just flapping it's wings, as well as having his head hanging limply on his body upside down. How can I help it?

Answer
Sounds like the bird ran into a window. Sounds serious. I suggest you call either your local wildlife rehab center or wildlife official or veterinarian. One of them should be able to help. There's nothing you can personally do without professional help. Thanks for your concern.

Birding

Roger Lederer