Birds--General/Black and Grey Francolins

Question
Sir, I want to know that can grey and black francolin or Alectoris Chakoors be interbreeded. What would be the threats if interbreeded. Because I came to knew that it might result in bird flu or else. Thankyou

Answer
The Grey Francolin is Francolinus pondicerianus  and the Black Francolin is Francolinus francolinus; they are different species. Alectoris chukar is a different species. Maybe the francolins can interbreed, but the Chukar cannot be interbred with the francolins. In any case, bird flu has nothing to do with interbreeding.

Birds--General

Roger Lederer