Birds--General/Black and Grey Francolins

Sir, I want to know that can grey and black francolin or Alectoris Chakoors be interbreeded. What would be the threats if interbreeded. Because I came to knew that it might result in bird flu or else. Thankyou

The Grey Francolin is Francolinus pondicerianus  and the Black Francolin is Francolinus francolinus; they are different species. Alectoris chukar is a different species. Maybe the francolins can interbreed, but the Chukar cannot be interbred with the francolins. In any case, bird flu has nothing to do with interbreeding.

Roger Lederer

Any and all questions about WILD birds - not caged, domestic or poultry. Can answer questions about identification, taxonomy, behavior, courtship, plumage, flight, or anything else. Wild birds only, please.

Taught ornithology (the study of birds) at the university level for 30 years. Have written five books on birds, published 30 scientific articles, write a blog on birds, have the website, lectured to hundreds of groups on birds,and have traveled to 90 countries studying birds.

A variety of ornithological and conservation organizations.

Real Simple Magazine, Enterprise-Record, and several ornithological and ecological journals.

PhD in Zoology with emphasis in ornithology.

Professional Achievement Award, Jack Rawlins Chair of Environmental Literach.