Birds--General/White faced cockatiel injury

Question
cockatiel injury
cockatiel injury  
My 8 year old cockatiel was flying around the house today, she flew into the office and hit her head on some object. Most of her head feathers has been pulled out from her hitting it. The skin underneath looks to be red and bloody.

Answer
I presume you are asking me what should be done? It could be minor with just skin and blood vessel damage. If she is not bleeding anymore and shows no signs of illness such as disorientation or loss of appetite, or bleeding from the nose, she will be fine. If she does show any other symptoms, then she could have a skull or brain injury in which case it would be appropriate to see a vet. Good luck.

Birds--General

Roger Lederer