My daughters birds foot bleed the other day and now it's shriveld up and the other foot the tips are doing the same. Can they live without feet?

Something is seriously wrong with the bird if its feet are bleeding and shriveling up. Yes, it can live without feet but not well as it will not be able to perch and will eventually get another infection in the legs. But I suspect with the condition as serious as it is, the bird will not live long anyway. If you want to save the bird, see a vet immediately. Good luck

Roger Lederer

Any and all questions about WILD birds - not caged, domestic or poultry. Can answer questions about identification, taxonomy, behavior, courtship, plumage, flight, or anything else. Wild birds only, please.

Taught ornithology (the study of birds) at the university level for 30 years. Have written five books on birds, published 30 scientific articles, write a blog on birds, have the website, lectured to hundreds of groups on birds,and have traveled to 90 countries studying birds.

A variety of ornithological and conservation organizations.

Real Simple Magazine, Enterprise-Record, and several ornithological and ecological journals.

PhD in Zoology with emphasis in ornithology.

Professional Achievement Award, Jack Rawlins Chair of Environmental Literach.