Birds--General/to find out about bird prosthesis

Question
hi,
a pair of wild pigeons live on my terrace... the female laid a pair of eggs in a wooden box that dad had trashed.i noticed that it had not built any nest ... but the eggs hatched ... now one little kiddo is all fine but the other one seems to have spradled legs i feel sorry for that sweet heart... last night i noticed that his digits have turned black.... how do i help that little kid... what do i do? no avian vets in the place i live in...pls help

Answer
Typically the reason for the splayed legs is a lack of vitamin D. Once the legs develop like that, there's no curing it. The digits turning black probably means necrosis - the death of tissue. The bird has little to no chance of making it, unfortunately. Yes, sad, but nothing you can do. I'm not sure a vet could help either. So sorry.

Birds--General

Roger Lederer