Birds--General/animal behavior before an earthquake

Okay, my husband thinks I am out there with what I told him. We live on the outskirts of Napa, 6 days before the earthquake hit several species of birds were taking off in very large groups I have not seen it like that before, mean droves. I didn't see the little brown ones, just big ones. Any observation of such behavior noted  or observed or documented?

Although there is evidence that birds can hear ultrasound, as you would get from an earthquake, it would only be minutes, not days, before the event. This is migration time so large flocks of birds are not unusual . Small birds tend to migrate at night. So, nothing unusual here.

Roger Lederer

Any and all questions about WILD birds - not caged, domestic or poultry. Can answer questions about identification, taxonomy, behavior, courtship, plumage, flight, or anything else. Wild birds only, please.

Taught ornithology (the study of birds) at the university level for 30 years. Have written five books on birds, published 30 scientific articles, write a blog on birds, have the website, lectured to hundreds of groups on birds,and have traveled to 90 countries studying birds.

A variety of ornithological and conservation organizations.

Real Simple Magazine, Enterprise-Record, and several ornithological and ecological journals.

PhD in Zoology with emphasis in ornithology.

Professional Achievement Award, Jack Rawlins Chair of Environmental Literach.