Birds--General/Accidently disturbed an active cardinal nest

Question
Good Day,
Yesterday, I incorrectly determined that a cardinal nest near our front door had been abandoned.  I took the ceramic vessel containing the nest off the wall and removed the nesting material.  During this process, I found 5 cardinal eggs within.  I immediately reinstalled the nest and hung it back up in the same location.  This morning, I heard the mother chirping loudly for about 30 minutes on a branch below the nest.  I did not witness her in the nest.  My question is...Is there anything that I can do or not do to support mother returning to the nest to complete nature's cycle.  I will not make this mistake again.  Thank you,
Mary Ellen

Answer
Well, you probably have determined that it is not a good idea to disturb a nest in the spring. Be that as it may, there is nothing to do now except to leave her alone- the lease amount of disturbance as possible. She may or may not resume her parental duties. By the way, human smell on the nest is not a problem - that's a myth. But serious disturbance might cause her to abandon the nest. Only time will tell.

Birds--General

Roger Lederer