Birds--General/re:almost 2 months old house sparrow(PLEASE read and answer all)

OK sorry and tnx ma'am

I provided some food for it in our wall with its favorite rag,not really sure if its that bird that tried to approach it(when my brother suddenly shouted calling me "maybe that it's pidgey-then it fly "pidgey got startled easily)(after an hour we think we see it again in a nearby rooftop in I make sounds using my fingers then it look at me for about 5 to 10 sec.then fly away(can you help me to know if its pidgey?)(there are times that it won't approach things because its scared of it and times where its curious like when a neighbor give me a chicken(Texas)2.months old even if its in a cage its still bigger than him..(I can't really understand how my little buddy thinks,you might even find it creepy trying to understand a bird(I'm a bird lover)

Is there a way to make it go back or capture without hurting it?(I'm scared for him,cause there are at least 5 wild cats in our neiborhood alone)
We also let it listen to song of house sparrow in my tablet
And there are birds playing in our rooftop and other rooftop he can always here it and sometimes  will even respond to it (does this increase it rate of survivility)

I'm from Philippines so there is no thing such as winter)
Also want to know how to determine its gender in a young age

And also easier way to contact you cause I want to at least monitor pidgy for a few days,...(want to ask as soon as possible..-if only possible thanks,..and sorry if I'm a bother)

Tnx,.. Sensei....

There is no really good way to capture a little bird like that, unless it lands on the ground or a platform and you can throw a towel over it.  However, I would not be encouraging it to come to the ground, due to the wild cats you mentioned.  Depending on the species, a bird's ability to recognize the songs of it's own species is either learned at a very early age, or it is 'built in'...I'm not sure how it is with house sparrows.  I believe your house sparrow should start showing signs of male or female plumage can look up the plumage variations on-line.  As I mentioned, there is really no way of knowing if it will adapt to the wild or not, but I think it deserves a chance! Good luck.

Robin Keister

I can answer questions about bird identification, avian physiology, avian conservation, avian genetics, bird song and music, and injured/ill/orphaned bird rehabilitation. I am not trained as a veterinarian and therefore can NOT answer questions about companion/pet bird injuries or diseases.