Birds--General/re:almost 2 months old house sparrow(PLEASE READ AND ANSWER ALL)

OK sorry and tnx ma'am

I provided some food for it in our wall with its favorite rag,not really sure if its that bird that tried to approach it(when my brother suddenly shouted calling me "maybe that it's pidgey-then it fly "pidgey got startled easily)(after an hour we think we see it again in a nearby rooftop in I make sounds using my fingers then it look at me for about 5 to 10 sec.then fly away(can you help me to know if its pidgey?)(there are times that it won't approach things because its scared of it and times where its curious like when a neighbor give me a chicken(Texas)2.months old even if its in a cage its still bigger than him..(I can't really understand how my little buddy thinks,you might even find it creepy trying to understand a bird(I'm a bird lover)

Is there a way to make it go back or capture without hurting it?(I'm scared for him,cause there are at least 5 wild cats in our neiborhood alone)
We also let it listen to song of house sparrow in my tablet
And there are birds playing in our rooftop and other rooftop he can always here it and sometimes  will even respond to it (does this increase it rate of survivility)

I'm from Philippines so there is no thing such as winter)
Also want to know how to determine its gender in a young age

And also easier way to contact you cause I want to at least monitor pidgy for a few days,...(want to ask as soon as possible..-if only possible thanks,..and sorry if I'm a bother)

Tnx,.. Sensei....

I don't know how you can tell if the bird you are watching is the one you had in a cage previously. But it is a wild bird and needs to be left in the wild. It should not be in a cage. Watch it outside, feed it if you wish, but leave it alone. Wild birds need their freedom. And you can't determine its sex at such a young age.Thank you.  

Roger Lederer

Any and all questions about WILD birds - not caged, domestic or poultry. Can answer questions about identification, taxonomy, behavior, courtship, plumage, flight, or anything else. Wild birds only, please.

Taught ornithology (the study of birds) at the university level for 30 years. Have written five books on birds, published 30 scientific articles, write a blog on birds, have the website, lectured to hundreds of groups on birds,and have traveled to 90 countries studying birds.

A variety of ornithological and conservation organizations.

Real Simple Magazine, Enterprise-Record, and several ornithological and ecological journals.

PhD in Zoology with emphasis in ornithology.

Professional Achievement Award, Jack Rawlins Chair of Environmental Literach.