Birds--General/Wren question

Question
Thank you for your time, Roger.  I have a hanging basket on my front porch with wren nest with 4 babies in it.  I have tried to avoid it as much as possible only watering it once a week.  It doesn't seem to bother the mother.  I noticed the other day while watering the plant that the babies are bigger and almost full of feathers but they are very quiet.  They never cheep and are just setting in the nest very still but breathing.  Is this normal?  With summer here my kids are coming in and out a lot.  I wish I could move the hanging basket to a more quiet place but I am afraid the mom will abandon the nest.  Any thoughts on this?  Thank you so much!

Answer
If the young are fully feathered, they are ready to jump from the nest. They will jump to the ground before they are ready to fly and their parents will feed them on the ground until they can fly. Don't move the basket at this time; wait until the young leave which should be soon. All sounds normal - the babies are quiet because they are learning not to attract predators. Thanks for your concern.

Birds--General

Roger Lederer