Birth Control/Birth Control effectiveness

Question
So I have been on birth control for 2 and a half years and have never been off of it for more then a few weeks. After I finished my last pack I waited about a week before starting another one in order to try and delay my period for a special event I had going on later that month. After that week I started taking my birth control regularly and never missed talking a pill by more then an hour. during the last week of that month I had sex under the impression that I was protected by my birth control. Its been 5 days since then and I am now on the placebo pills of pack, it had been two days and I have not yet gotten my period. Is there a chance that I am pregnant or was I protected by my birth control please ask me if you have any follow up questions.

Answer
Dear Kristina,

Usually, I would say that if you only missed 1 week of birth control, you would be relatively safe. But no birth control method is 100% safe in preventing pregnancy. So it's possible that you could be pregnant. Maybe you are just delayed and will end up having it. Please email me at CHERYL51@aol.com so we can talk more.

Sincerely,
Diane Cheryl

Birth Control

Diane Cheryl