Birth Control/Birth Control effectiveness

So I have been on birth control for 2 and a half years and have never been off of it for more then a few weeks. After I finished my last pack I waited about a week before starting another one in order to try and delay my period for a special event I had going on later that month. After that week I started taking my birth control regularly and never missed talking a pill by more then an hour. during the last week of that month I had sex under the impression that I was protected by my birth control. Its been 5 days since then and I am now on the placebo pills of pack, it had been two days and I have not yet gotten my period. Is there a chance that I am pregnant or was I protected by my birth control please ask me if you have any follow up questions.

Dear Kristina,

Usually, I would say that if you only missed 1 week of birth control, you would be relatively safe. But no birth control method is 100% safe in preventing pregnancy. So it's possible that you could be pregnant. Maybe you are just delayed and will end up having it. Please email me at so we can talk more.

Diane Cheryl

Birth Control

Diane Cheryl

I can answer questions about the various methods of birth control. I have done much research about side effects and risks of birth control methods. I can answer questions like "What would be the best method of birth control for me?" and "What are the advantages of birth control pills or condoms?" I have almost 25 years of experience volunteering with pregnancy resource centers. Please contact me at if you would like to know more information about your situation or if I am "Maxed OUT".

I have almost 25 years of experience in counseling women about birth control and family planning.

Illinois Valley Community College, Austin Community College, Travel Agent Degree and almost 25 years of counseling experience.
I have worked with Pregnancy Resource Centers for almost 25 years.