Birth Control/bcp pills

Question
Hello..

On my 2nd week of birth control pills i had dry humping ...my bf came away from my vagina and directly wiped off his semen...within 2 hours i took an emergemcy contraceptive pill just to be safe

What are my chances off getting pregnant?

Answer
Hi Sandra,

Thanks for your message. You say you were on the 2nd week of birth control and your boyfriend came outside your vagina. You also took the emergency contraceptive pill.

You definitely won't be pregnant from this situation.

I'm not sure why you would think that you could be. If you take the birth control pill as prescribed (every day at about the same time) then the pill would be effective. On top of this there was no semen inside your body. You actually didn't need to take emergency contraception in this situation.

It seems like maybe you don't quite understand how the pill works and have some anxiety around it. I would recommend going back to your doctor to discuss this and get help understanding the pill better.

I hope this helps,
Allison

Birth Control

Allison Macbeth