Birth Control/birth control pill

Hi, this is a question from me and my mom.
I've been on birth control (the 28 day pill packs) for a year now, and on November 15, 2012, I had double jaw surgery. So of course I had to take antibiotics(prevents infection), which could possibly take away the birth controls effect. Me and my boyfriend have refrained from sex, cause I'd never risk that. When I first got out of the hospital, I was pretty drugged up, and starving(providing I could only drink, and had to relearn how to drink because my jaw had been re-positioned); anywho, we forgot to take the pill for a couple days and my cycle started up (my period) and so we decided to just start a new pack. We havent started the new pack yet, because we couldn't remember how many days after your period starts that you start a new pack. My period started Nov. 20, so what day do I start the new pack? I know I could call a local pharmacy, I was just lying in bed, knowing I can't speak clearly because of my silly splint, and thought this would be quick and easy.

Dear Katie, I'm so sorry that I did not receive your question in a timely manner. I hope you did find out from someone when to start taking your pack. I really don't recommend birth control pills because of the hormones. I don't believe that these hormones are healthy for a women's body.Let me know what happens. You can email me at
Also, birth control pills are not 100% effective in preventing pregnancy. So you always have a risk of pregnancy when having sex.

Diane Cheryl

Birth Control

Diane Cheryl

I can answer questions about the various methods of birth control. I have done much research about side effects and risks of birth control methods. I can answer questions like "What would be the best method of birth control for me?" and "What are the advantages of birth control pills or condoms?" I have almost 25 years of experience volunteering with pregnancy resource centers. Please contact me at if you would like to know more information about your situation or if I am "Maxed OUT".

I have almost 25 years of experience in counseling women about birth control and family planning.

Illinois Valley Community College, Austin Community College, Travel Agent Degree and almost 25 years of counseling experience.
I have worked with Pregnancy Resource Centers for almost 25 years.