Birth Control/birth control pill

Question
Hi, this is a question from me and my mom.
I've been on birth control (the 28 day pill packs) for a year now, and on November 15, 2012, I had double jaw surgery. So of course I had to take antibiotics(prevents infection), which could possibly take away the birth controls effect. Me and my boyfriend have refrained from sex, cause I'd never risk that. When I first got out of the hospital, I was pretty drugged up, and starving(providing I could only drink, and had to relearn how to drink because my jaw had been re-positioned); anywho, we forgot to take the pill for a couple days and my cycle started up (my period) and so we decided to just start a new pack. We havent started the new pack yet, because we couldn't remember how many days after your period starts that you start a new pack. My period started Nov. 20, so what day do I start the new pack? I know I could call a local pharmacy, I was just lying in bed, knowing I can't speak clearly because of my silly splint, and thought this would be quick and easy.

Answer
Dear Katie, I'm so sorry that I did not receive your question in a timely manner. I hope you did find out from someone when to start taking your pack. I really don't recommend birth control pills because of the hormones. I don't believe that these hormones are healthy for a women's body.Let me know what happens. You can email me at CHERYL51@aol.com
Also, birth control pills are not 100% effective in preventing pregnancy. So you always have a risk of pregnancy when having sex.

Diane Cheryl

Birth Control

Diane Cheryl