Birth Control/unprotected sex after getting depo provera

Question
i have been on the shot for 8 years. i stopped taking it for a month and started taking it again just now. my question is do i still have to wait 7 days before the shot takes effect. when i first got on the shot they said it took effect immediately. so if i got the shot wednesday can i have unprotected sex on friday?

Answer
Sorry for the delay on your question. I know that you couldn't wait for my answer but had to make your own decision. I would have suggested waiting 7 days but I know it's too late for that answer. Have you had any side effects over the years from that hormonal shot? I usually don't recommend that for women so would like to know your report from being on it for 8 years. Please email me at CHERYL51@aol.com
Oh, and by the way, even if you are on the shot, you can always get pregnant. There is no method of birth control that is 100% safe.
Thanks.
Diane Cheryl

Birth Control

Diane Cheryl