Birth Control/Birth Control

I was just prescribed birth control from my family doctor. She had not specified a date for when I should start taking the pills. Can I start whenever? Or should it be when I start my next period?

Here is one article that I found online. But I don't personally recommend birth control pills because of the hormones and chances of side effects. Please consider another method of birth control if you really need to be on it at all. Please write me at so we can talk more.

Diane Cheryl

IMPORTANT: Use 'back up' such as condoms, diaphragm, or foam during the first month of pill taking. You can choose which day to start your low dose birth control pill taking regime:

on the day your period begins OR
on the first Sunday after your period begins. This will result in your period almost always beginning on a Tuesday or Wednesday every 4 weeks OR
on the fifth day after your period begins OR
you can start your low dose pill today if there is absolutely no chance that you could be pregnant. Use a backup method of contraception until your first period

Article Source:

Birth Control

Diane Cheryl

I can answer questions about the various methods of birth control. I have done much research about side effects and risks of birth control methods. I can answer questions like "What would be the best method of birth control for me?" and "What are the advantages of birth control pills or condoms?" I have almost 25 years of experience volunteering with pregnancy resource centers. Please contact me at if you would like to know more information about your situation or if I am "Maxed OUT".

I have almost 25 years of experience in counseling women about birth control and family planning.

Illinois Valley Community College, Austin Community College, Travel Agent Degree and almost 25 years of counseling experience.
I have worked with Pregnancy Resource Centers for almost 25 years.