Birth Control/First Time Breakthrough Bleeding

I've been on Stronyx birth control pills for about 4 months now. I am 2 pills away before my placebo week and I experienced a dark brown spotting today. I've never had this happen before. I am sexually active but I use condoms and my partner. He does not ejaculate in or near my genitals. Is this a hormonal problem or could I be pregnant? What should I do?

Dear Angelica, Please forgive the delay. I was not feeling well for a well. I was diagnosed with anemia and then bronchitis. So I got behind on my questions. So I realize that you have probably found out by now if you are pregnant or not. It would be a slight chance that you could be pregnant but not impossible. It could be a hormonal problem that could be happening from the hormones in the birth control pills. I don't usually recommend any kind of hormonal birth control methods. Let me know if you have found out anything. You can email me at

Diane Cheryl

Birth Control

Diane Cheryl

I can answer questions about the various methods of birth control. I have done much research about side effects and risks of birth control methods. I can answer questions like "What would be the best method of birth control for me?" and "What are the advantages of birth control pills or condoms?" I have almost 25 years of experience volunteering with pregnancy resource centers. Please contact me at if you would like to know more information about your situation or if I am "Maxed OUT".

I have almost 25 years of experience in counseling women about birth control and family planning.

Illinois Valley Community College, Austin Community College, Travel Agent Degree and almost 25 years of counseling experience.
I have worked with Pregnancy Resource Centers for almost 25 years.