Birth Control/Mirena positive side effects?

Question
I have been on the HBC pill for 5 years, I am now 20, have had no children and originally used HBC to regulate my depression and my extremely heavy, painful periods. I used loestrin and microgestin with great results. I am considering the mirena, I do not want to go on an anti-depressant along with mirena (no more pills!) so I am wondering, in my specific case, will it help with my depression?

p.s. Any suggestions of how to make insertion the least painful possible?

Answer
Cinna, I cannot recommend mirena because of I have read so many reports of negative side effects. I don't feel that it is healthy for a women's body. Do you need to be on any kind of birth control? I don't mean to intrude but are you sexually active? I am always surprised at how many women are taking or on some kind of birth control but aren't currently sexually active. Please email me at CHERYL51@aol.com so we can talk further. And no, I don't know any way of making insertion very pain-free.
Sincerely,
Diane Cheryl
P.S. I just saw where you said that you use the birth control for painful periods. Please explain this more.

Birth Control

Diane Cheryl